Sunday, September 20, 2009

How to describe Milton Bradley? What's the word I'm looking for?

(Snapping my fingers. Scratching my head.) Oh, yeah. "Dick." Read the comments that got this $30 million, .257 hitter suspended for the rest of the season.

In a brief one-on-one interview Saturday with the Daily Herald, Bradley talked of his unhappiness and said, "you understand why they haven't won in 100 years here."

"It's just not a positive environment. I need a stable, healthy, enjoyable environment. There's too many people everywhere in your face with a microphone asking the same questions repeatedly. Everything is just bashing you. You got out there and you play harder than anybody on the field and never get credit for it. It's just negativity."

Asked whether he was talking about the fans, the media or even the Cubs organization, he replied: "It's everything. It's everybody."

Sorry playing here has been such a trial for you. Hopefully someone will take your ordinary bat and your extraordinary salary off the Cubs' hands during the off-season.

Dick.

4 comments:

  1. This is totally off the subject of your post!
    I love those Cat books...they are so much fun!!!
    The boy...well...it is sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mentioned to the husband that you actually called a player a "dick" and he said to tell you he agreed with you 100%. (Then he proceeded to launch into a story about this Milton Bradley dude and about 10 minutes later I think I woke up.)

    You and the husband would be baseball buddies for sure (at least when it comes to the cubs!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a douchenozzle. He doesn't deserve to wear the Cubbie blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think when you get paid an obscene amount of money for playing a game, then along with that money should come a sense of gratitude along with a thick skin. Geesh what a baby.

    (back to blogging again...just a blip in the road- nothing major, just a break)

    But I have been catching yours occasionally, glad to see that you are doing well and at least exercising.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.