Friday, March 20, 2020

Be like Rizz!

From MLB.com

Anthony Rizzo is doing his part to help during the coronavirus pandemic. The Cubs' star first baseman is helping keep necessary workers fed, thanks to the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation.

Nurses at Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, one of the top pediatric providers in the United States, are continuing to care for patients, so Rizzo’s foundation is providing daily warm meals for the staff.

Better yet, the food is coming from Chicago-area restaurants, so it’s helping both the hospital and the food service industry at the same time. That’s a “double win,” Rizzo pointed out.

I'm so proud of my favorite Cub!



2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm a fellow Chicago Cubb'er too...and Bears and Blackhawks, grin. I think its ingrained to my brothers and I, smiles. Diehard all the way.

    Good for Rizzo! What a great thing. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.