Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Stealing #6

The "Sometimes" Meme: All you have to do is finish the sentence...

Sometimes I just need: a shot of caffeine

Sometimes I want: a little more alone time

Sometimes I like to: pamper myseslf (massage, pedi, etc.)

Sometimes all it takes: is guts

Sometimes I picture: my best friend back here with me

Sometimes I wish: I was better organized

Sometimes I find: earrings under my dresser

Sometimes I take: too long in the shower

Sometimes I look: like a fat pigeon

Sometimes I hate: the people in the health club locker room (Do your iPod, water bottle and dirty towel REALLY need to take up so much space on the bench that I can't sit down?)

Sometimes it’s nice: to have a drink at lunch (shhh!)

Sometimes it hurts: to think of how my mom has aged since her illness earlier this year

Sometimes it makes me happy: to put other people first

Sometimes it’s sad: to see how different -- how much uglier -- John McCain is as a candidate than he was as Senator ("straight talk," my ass). So disappointing. I hope for the nation's sake that he can put that hateful "domestic terrorist" genie back in the bottle.

Sometimes I listen: to real crap on my iPod (like the Partridge Family) and hope that the person sitting next to me on the el doesn't identify it

Sometimes I sleep: on the sofa

Sometimes I like to watch: Batman reruns. They're a riot. (POW! ZAP!) I just forget when they're on.

Sometimes I feel: so much younger than my age that I wonder where the years have gone

Sometimes I rant: about religious intolerance. Some noisier members of the hellfire-and-brimstone Religious Right seem to be perverting my faith, which is dear to me, and it makes me NUTS!

Sometimes I never: want to talk to anyone all weekend and just be a hermit from Friday PM to Monday AM

Sometimes I really: wish I could end up in the ladies' room lounge with Don Draper (sigh). If you're a fan of Mad Men, you know where his hand is. It's enough to make a gal start wearing skirts again.

To see how other bloggers responded, or to play along yourself, click here.

5 comments:

  1. I love your answers. Many of them could be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are great but I love your rant answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:42 PM

    My kid was in a Batman frame of mind yesterday. Zap! Pow! Too funny. No Partridge Family, though. Did you hear they're doing a remake? 1 question: WHY?

    JHS
    Colloquium

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batman reruns are fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Miss - I have Partrige Family songs on my Ipod too. That's okay, it balances out the Godsmack I have on there also.

    I love these oosts - I get to know you a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.