Friday, October 10, 2008

Everyone, please, stop being so hysterical about Obama and Ayers

As one who lives in the Chicagoland area, this story is such a freaking YAWN! Chicago has 2.5 daily newspapers (the 1/2 is the RedEye). 6.5 channels devote hours every day to news coverage (the 1/2 is CLTV). Everything Barack Obama has done or said over the last four years, ever since a star was born at the 2004 Democratic Convention (at the time he was running for Senate here in Illinois) has been examined by our local press.

THERE IS NOTHING TO
BARACK OBAMA'S RELATIONSHIP
WITH AYERS, FOLKS!

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

This is a city that lives and breathes scandal. This is the home of the Elliott Ness of The New Millennium, Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald. This is Illinois, where a Republican Governor is currently in prison and a Democratic Governor is about to be indicted. Evil doing is to reporters here what cat nip is to cats.

If there was anything of substance to the Ayers-Obama story, it would have originally come out during Obama's senate race.

More recently it was investigated again (here's a link to the Sun-Times story) when Hillary Clinton brought it up during the primaries. Nothing there, folks.

If this isn't enough for you, here's a link to the Woods Fund of Chicago's website, so you can see all the other heinous criminals who "associate" with William Ayers. They look like a dangerous crowd to me.

I am not minimizing anything Ayers and his wife, Bernadette Dohrn, did decades ago. I am minimizing Ayers' practically non-existant relationship with Obama.

Tony Rezko, that's another story. (You'll have to look that up yourself. I shouldn't have to do ALL your homework for you.) But McCain and Palin aren't emphasizing that, even though they might. It's not as easy to link "sleazy land deal" with "terrorist."

I hope that everyone sees this sad and dangerous act on McCain's part for what it is. When it comes to weighing a candidate's fitness to serve as President, I hope everyone remembers that McCain responds with cheap shots and half truths when things aren't going his way.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    thanks for sharing and I hope folks take heed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 PM

    I'm not remotely hysterical about it! I know it's a bunch of crap. But then, I'm not a viewer of Fox News, so I'm not easily taken in.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.