Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I can't ignore it any longer

My Cubs, my Cubs, my Cubs. What's going on within The Friendly Confines is not good. We're in the midst of an 8-game losing streak, which I thought would screech to a halt when the road trip ended. Alas, it didn't.

It's times like this when I really love Lou. Piniella has remained upbeat when discussing his team and their "struggles" with the press, and he's encouraging the players to focus on the positive, to try to learn from the successful at bats and not fixate on the strike outs, ground outs, fly outs, etc.

He's right, of course. It's 160+ game season, and while losing 8 in a row is never good, it's not worth climbing out onto the ledge over ... at least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.