Saturday, May 09, 2009

Enjoying MY Day

Emphasis on the "MY." I've had a lovely alone day. Went out for breakfast, left a contribution behind at the local food pantry, spent an hour with my trainer, did a wee bit of grocery shopping, and parked myself on the sofa to enjoy the Law & Order: SVU marathon. (I love watching Olivia and Elliott.)

I had kind of a rough week. Tough times at work -- lay-off rumors combined with a less-than-stellar client presentation. A little low-energy personally, with my best friend away for the week. Even rough for the Cubs, with Aramis Ramierez taking a tumble and dislocating his shoulder. (Ouch!) He'll be out for 3-4 weeks.

Alone time helps me heal. Tomorrow I'll spend with my mom, enjoying Mother's Day. I'll enjoy it more if my personal battery is recharged.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your batteries are recharging nicely. Sometimes alone time is what it takes. Enjoy your Mother's Day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:41 AM

    I think I'll need to have one of those days soon. My days as of late have been so jammed packed that it's rare to have more than an hour of "me" time.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.