Thursday, February 05, 2009

I'm having a blessed day

I know because my favorite homeless gentleman told me so when I dropped some coins in his cardboard coffee cup. He's back on his plastic milk crate outside McDonald's. To say he looks fine is an overstatement, because he seems to be in fragile health. But he looks the same and he's back, trying to be upbeat and positive, wishing everyone well ... even the people who go out of their way NOT to make eye contact with him because they're embarrassed. I hope God blesses him, too.

2 comments:

  1. It may be just my perception of things, but in all my 60+ years here in this little burg, I have only seen one homeless person.

    I was on my way to work and she was pushing a cart, she may not have been homeless, but she fit the persona of what to expect, and I circled the block but couldnot find her.

    I think about them when winter sets in, mosatly, and would like to do more, but life has a way of getting in the way, and that makes me ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! If I start to think about all the people (and children) who are cold and hungry tonight, I'll get depressed. It's 16 degrees here for heaven's sakes. Why do we take care of everybody else's and not our own? Not that we shouldn't feed the world, we should, but something is askew.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.