Monday, January 05, 2009

What goes on behind closed doors?


We're all back at the office after the Christmas holiday, and we're all nervous about our jobs. Mr. Big (my boss' boss) has been behind closed doors all day, talking alternately to my boss and others at that level. Their faces as they leave Mr. Big's office are inscrutable, as all in management seem united in pretending that this is normal, despite the fact that the Chicago Sun Times business columnist announced today that 2008 "was an exceedingly difficult year for many top Chicago agencies -- and '09 looks no better."

Oh, well. I'm trying not to fixate. If it's gonna happen and I'm to be let go, I imagine the decision has already been made and there isn't a thing I can do about it.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed that "inscrutable" is just constipation, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.