Monday, January 05, 2009

I've got to start somewhere

Today, for the first time in ages, I went to Bally's at lunchtime. It was PACKED with other poor souls, like me, who have resolved to lose weight, lose inches, add muscle … There were so many people there today that all three rows of treadmills were in use.

I spent 30 minutes on the bike, keeping my heart rate up for the full half hour. Then I did a few reps on one of the arm machines and finished with leg lifts. It felt good to do this old body good.

I know my January dedication to fitness makes me a cliche, but I have to start somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. I love the ticker in the sidebar. I struggle with the morning vs. evening routine. I'm not a morning person but I need to do it earlier in the day because I'm sooo tired in the afternoons. In either case, it has to get done. If I procrastinate, I pay. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back from vacation, gal! Back to the ...stationary bike?! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    I kind of want to join a gym, but I think I'll wait a month or so until it's just a little less crowded.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.