Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday 9: You've Got a Friend

1. Who is your best friend? A gentleman who appears often in this blog, referred to as My Best Friend.

2. How did you meet? At an agency where he already worked and I joined as a freelancer. He's an account executive, I'm a creative.

3. How long have you known each other? 4 1/2 years.

4. Have you traveled anywhere together? When we were still coworkers, we went on a few business trips together. When he was on an extended assignment in Los Angeles, I traveled out there and stayed a few days. We went to a Dodger game and had a terrific time.

5. Did you ever have a problem over a romantic interest that you shared? No, since he's a married straight guy and I'm a hetero woman.

6. Have you ever not liked your best friend’s choice of lovers? No. He's been married since I have known him, so we never will have this problem, either.

7. How long since you have seen your best friend? It's been months! It looked like he might be in next week, but alas, the meeting is being handled via conference call instead.

8. Do you remember each other on birthdays and holidays? Yes! He gave me my best birthday gift last year. He researched the best-selling book on the day I was born (The Scapegoat), the year's Oscar-winning movie (Bridge over the River Kwai), a print-out of the Time magazine cover from the week I was born, etc. It was thoughtful and creative.

9. What is the biggest fight that you have ever had? Oh golly! We have argued many times! It generally starts when one of us teases the other, and we go too far. We always make up, though. We seldom go more than a day or two without communicating.

To play along yourself, click here.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you've got a great friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendships like that are priceless. I have had some male friendships in my life and they are indeed unique and "different" but in a good way!
    Good for you.

    Best Friends With Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always seem to have one very close guy friend, too. I'm lucky he's my mentor and friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.