Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm already rated R, so let's go for it

Today was my annual gyne exam. (Now you know the subject. If you keep reading, you have no right to be offended by anything that follows.) This is not the most entertaining, most comfortable day of my year. Yet today wasn't so bad.

The reason? I brought a book with me and I read in the waiting room. Are any of you familiar with Angels by Marion Keyes? The passage I happened to read was about Maggie and Troy's first ... um ... "date."

My subsequent exam went easier.

So, ladies, here's my advice: before you leave for the gynecologist, tuck a steamy book into your handbag.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my, thought you were heading for an x rating there.

    Speaking of which, one of the poetry train passengers had a most amusing entry, not too many I could point that way, but based on your rating, I think you might get a kick out of it!
    http://lisaandel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you see, if I went to a urologist exam and did that i would poke someones eye out.

    Jenny is right, Lisa is humorous this week and right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jenny and Sparky. Those photos and captions were a riot!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.