Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Thursday Thirteen #482

 Right on track. According to Goodreads, I should hit my target of 38 books completed this year. In May, I Thursday Thirteened the first books I'd read. Here is volume two.

All these books are linked to Amazon for easy reference. If you're going to buy them, though, please consider supporting a local bookseller.

1. Nothing but the Night: Leopold and Loeb and the Murder that Rocked 1920s America by Greg King and Penny Wilson. True crime. I give it 3 stars out of 5.

2. And Never Let Her Go by Ann Rule. True crime, 4 stars
 
3. Off the Menu by Stacy Ballis. Chick lit, 2 stars
 
4. Marilyn Monroe by Donald Spoto. Biography, 5 stars
 
5. Act of Betrayal by Edna Buchanan. Thriller, 4 stars
 
6.Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. Mystery, 5 stars
 
7. Harlow in Hollywood by Darrell Rooney and Mark Viera. Biography, 4 stars
 
8. Rescued by David Rosenfelt. Mystery, 4 stars
 
9. In Pieces by Sally Field. Memoir, 5 stars 
 
10. Lincoln's Last Trial by Dan Abrams and David Fisher. Non-fiction, 4 stars
 
11. Dear Debbie by Freida McFadden. Thriller, 3.5 stars
 
12.Touched by the Sun: My Friendship with Jackie by Carly Simon. Memoir, 3.5 stars
 
13. Margin of Error by Edna Buchanan. Thriller, 2.5 stars

This list took my through June, July and part of August. How about you? Did you set any reading goals for 2026? If yes, are you on your way to meeting them?

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping for 50 books this year. I've read (or listened to) 41 total so far. That Sally Field book was not what I was expecting at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set a goal of 100 books (it sounds lofty but I don't watch TV, so basically all I do is listen to books) and I reached it in mid-September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't set reading goals. I don't track the books I read. Congrats on meeting your goals. (If you don't like linking to Amazon, you could link to bookshop.org.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.