Sunday, September 06, 2026

Sunday Stealing

Labor Day Questions

1) What’s something you want to do before summer slips away? I want to trek to the ice cream shop on the other end of my neighborhood, just one more time. It's now weekends-only because the kids who man the counter are high school and college students. They're uniformly happy and polite and I know they need the tips. And, oh yeah, there's hot fudge!

2) What book are you currently reading? I just picked up Candy Apple Red by Nancy Bush. I have barely cracked it open, so I have little to say about it. I landed on this book because the one I wanted – The Sorority by the same author – was checked out.

3) What have you been listening to? Podcasts! Lots of podcasts. I'm focused on the MVP race (Shohei vs. PCA) and Harry and Meghan's return to the UK. Yes, I am passionate about the mid-terms and am working hard on my postcards to voters. But when it comes to podcasts, I go for pure entertainment. 

4) What shows or movies have you been watching? This weekend is Noir City Chicago, a film festival devoted to classic films noir. Last night I saw Black Angel with the gang from my movie group. There was infidelity, blackmail and murder. We enjoyed it thoroughly. 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Infidelity, blackmail, and murder - oh my! Sounds like my kind of show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing against Ohtani, but I have to root for the Cubbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry & Meghan went back to the UK? I somehow missed that completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to listen to the Podcast about Harry & Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a tribute to 911 on my blog.
    Go to the below
    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/
    if you want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a new Tuesday for MeMe - but to get to it you have to hit Gloria's Retired Life.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.