Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August Happiness Challenge – Day 24

My 2026 Happiness Icon


Today's Happiness: They laughed at all my jokes. My oldest friend's daughter was in from California. She spent 7 days celebrating her (gulp!) 30th birthday in the midwest with her oldest friend – who still lives here – and visiting her father and his family.
 
Anyway, getting together was her idea. We met at an old-school Chicago fixture, Miller's Pub. Figured it would be a nice palate cleanser after all the SoCal sun tea and carne asada (though she did ask if she could have avocado on her cheeseburger).
 
I did not realize that our dinner Monday night was her last night in town. She wanted to make sure to see me before she left. There are many things she could have done, many relatives she could have seen, and she asked to see me. Plus I was not a box being ticked off – she and her friend seemed to genuinely enjoy my company. 
 
I felt very special and loved. 
 

Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.