Wednesday, August 19, 2026

August Happiness Challenge – Day 18

 

My 2026 Happiness Icon


Today's Happiness: Two in a row! Frankly, I don't usually care about the Crosstown Classic one way or the other. The Cubs and the Sox play in different leagues and usually there's a tremendous disparity in the quality of their play. Not this year. The first place White Sox are 65-60 and my Cubs are 74-53, but in second place in a stronger division. 
 
My guys have won two in a row, and they have been great games! Extra inning nail biters. Both teams are going to make the playoffs and while I don't see a Crosstown World Series in our future – not even Pope Leo's influence is going to get the Southsiders past the Yankees or the Rays – both teams are playing really good ball. I'm happy for the Sox players. They seem like nice kids (they are the youngest team in the MLB) and it's not their fault their fans are ... well ... Sox fans.



Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.