Thursday, August 13, 2026

August Happiness Challenge – Day 13

My 2026 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: I'm that woman. I worked today with my favorite shift supervisor, Zoey. She is a junior at college, now aged 22.* She still lives at home with parents she believes don't understand her, is majoring in journalism, and can't figure out if she wants to marry her boyfriend or break up with him. She's curious and creative and more naive than she realizes. Today she paid me a compliment that was so sweet it made me want to cry.
 
"I'm so lucky to know an older woman who makes me comfortable with my messy life." 


Happy August Happiness Challenge!
 
Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

 

*She had been pre-med as she thought she wanted to be a shrink, but lost time when she switched majors. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.