Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Thursday Thirteen #383

 My last 13 texts. I don't like texting. I can't touch-text like I do on this laptop keyboard, and I get frustrated. So I use the microphone feature, but I often have to correct the mistakes. For long messages and appointment reminders, I don't see why we can't use email, or God forbid, talk.

But we can't. It seems no one in my life shares my antipathy and so my text alert is always going off.

These are my most recent non-spam messages.

1. Yes, my friends and I are meeting for dinner at 6:00 PM

2. If we agree among ourselves to swap shifts at the card shop, we have to let our shift manager know in advance so they can notify HR. That will streamline payroll. (I never swap shifts so I don't care.) 

3. If we arrive at the card shop a few minutes late, we should plan to stay for a full shift and leave a full minutes late. This, too, will streamline payroll. (I don't exactly understand this since I'm sure it's all calculated by some software program, but what the hell.)

4. Yes, I will be at the dentist office at 11:00 AM.

5. Betty from my movie group wants to know if I'm excited about Rizzo in the World Series. YES!

6. Lainie from card shop wants to know if this is my phone number. (She just got a new phone.)

7. Rose from the card shop sent me a photo. Those teenage girls I thought might be up to no good were. They opened a box, removed the toy inside, and put the box back on the display. ("The fuckers!")

8. I let my oldest friend know that my birthday gift has arrived, but I'm saving it until THE DAY.

9. My aunt is on her way home. They evacuated after Hurricane Milton.

10. My nephew predicted the Mets wouldn't win Game 6 against the Dodgers. He was right.

11. My urologist reminded me to schedule that test ... for next summer! I suspect this is an automated text triggered by the notation in my chart. No, I'm not going to schedule a test nine months in advance. I'd just have to reschedule it

12. Commonwealth Edison apologies for the power outage and they are working on it. (It must have been a very short outage because I truly don't recall this at all. Maybe I wasn't home when it happened?)

13. My nephew and I agree that Anthony Rizzo is a national treasure.

What does your text log look like?

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.