Monday, September 30, 2024

Teaser Tuesday

Here's how to play.

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 

As always in the Nero Wolfe series, meals play a part in Rex Stout's Murder by Book. It's fun to see what gourmand Wolfe and his personal chef, Fritz, have on the menu. Our hero and narrator, Archie Goodwin, loved dinner. Unfortunately, it didn't love him back.

If you like Anglo-Saxon, I belched. If you fancy Latin, I eructed. No matter which, I had known that Wolfe and Inspector Cramer would have to put up with it that evening, because that is always a part of my reaction to sauerkraut. I don’t glory in it or go for a record, but neither do I fight it back. I want to be liked just for myself. 
 
I love you just for yourself, Archie. Thanks for teaching me "eructed."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.