Sunday, March 31, 2024

Three Nice Things -- Day 30

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with meShe detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 30:

1) I take my fences clean, like a good hunter. That's one of my favorite lines from the book Gone with the Wind. It's how Grandma Fontaine compliments Scarlett for the pragmatic way she looks at life: "You take your fences clean, like a good hunter." That's me at my best. I handle the shit that comes my way. I think about my friend John (post below) and his approach to his health -- he ignores problems until they become unmanageable and impossible to ignore any longer. I like that I'm not like that. I felt that twinge in my heel and I'm getting it taken care of. I'm getting my teeth fixed. I recognize that, when you live alone, you can't afford to wait for someone to take care of you. I take my fences clean, like a good hunter.

2) I was kind. I remembered to tell Gregory I'm sorry he had to see our friend John at his worst (see post below) and that I appreciated how lovingly and responsibly he responded. It seemed to help Gregory as he was suffering. I like that about myself.

That's all I've got for today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.