Friday, March 22, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 22

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 22:

1) I made her laugh. There's a problem with my new dental insurance coverage and their website. While trying to get it ironed out with their IT, I made their rep laugh. I like that what I'm learning about customer service and translating it into being a better customer.

2) I allowed myself a lazy day. I didn't get dressed until 3:00 today. But you know what? So what! I took garbage out and scrubbed my microwave, so it's not like I was a complete slug. I like myself for giving myself the latitude to be lazy and read.

3) I waved the wand around. It's not that Roy Hobbs doesn't get daily attention, because he does. But I give him affection, not exercise. Today I waved the cat wand around and he had a grand old time, leaping in the air and making delighted little cat noises. I like myself for knowing my big guy so well and giving him what he needed today.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine the conversation you had with Roy Hobbs as he was leaping and playing!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.