Friday, March 15, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 15

 

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 15:

1) Two out of three ain't bad. I had three things on my "to-do" list: 1) mail Patrick's birthday gift; 2) change my dermatologist appointment; 3) write up the meeting minutes from our last condo meeting. I knocked out 1) and 2). So I didn't get to the third! I'm trying to celebrate what I've done, not beat myself up over what I didn't do.

2) I listened to my gut. I know there's a connection between hydration and gastrointestinal health. When my gut started feeling wonky, I reached for the water pitcher. I'll also do another round of stretches. This is literally self-care.

3) Two out of three ain't bad -- redux. I don't have a third today. But the point of this exercise is to be nice to myself, not critical, so I'll just leave this here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.