Friday, March 01, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 1

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post on Tuesday that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 1:

1) My checkbook is balanced. This means I identified the adult things I don't like -- math and attention to detail -- and did them anyway because if I don't take care of me, no one will.

2) My passion is infectious. Sometimes when I geek out about things I love, I worry that I'm too much, but I recently got feedback that's not the case. My friend Gregory gave me four big beautiful coffee table books about The Golden Age of Hollywood because he knows how much I love old movies. Then he texted me about Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries, a PBS series set in the 1960s, a time I have great affection for. So I guess my enthusiasm can be kinda charming.

3) I put in the time. My friend Elaine is going through some shit. She wants to unretire and find another full-time job in her chosen career, and it's hard. She has added a second cat to her household and it's not going as she expected. I've been here for her as a sounding board regarding her career and a source of information about being a cat mom.



1 comment:

  1. This is a delightful post! Thank you for introducing me to Ms. Fisher!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.