Friday, December 01, 2023

This afternoon I went to Massachusetts

I actually went to the movies. The Holdovers is a very entertaining film. It's set in an expensive boarding school, circa 1970, and Christmas in Massachusetts looks beautiful.

It's about the students and staff that are left behind over holiday break. As the movie unfolds, we discover more and more about the three main characters. The school's cafeteria lady has the story we learn first -- this is her first Christmas without her son, who was killed in Vietnam. The students and the professor are revealed more slowly. It held my attention every step of the way.

I love my local theater. It not only offers a variety of movies, they have replaced the conventional theater seats with absolutely fabulous recliners.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.