Sunday, May 14, 2023

He's a nice boy

My favorite-most ballplayer, Anthony Rizzo, told reporters he had "a slew" of family in the Bronx for the weekend. They're celebrating Mother's Day and Yankees Star Wars night, when the team gave away the Anthony Rizzo Mandolorian Bobblehead.

He responded in fine fashion. In 9 at bats, he got 5 hits and scored 4 runs -- including two homers. And this was against the powerhouse Tampa Bay Rays! During that two home run game, fans demanded a curtain call, which I gather is a big deal at Yankee Stadium.

From the New York Post

Every home run he hits is worth $3,300 in pledges from fans like me to his charity, which helps families facing pediatric cancer. 

Here's hoping his hot streak continues and he can deliver more hits and runs on Mother's Day. Everything about this makes me happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.