Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Why did it have to happen now?

I leave for vacation tomorrow at 7:00 AM.
Today I had a doctor's and dentist's appointment. Laundry and packing. I've been busy and I'm tired and 7:00 feels awful early.

It was this evening that I saw him. A big, rather dirty tom. He certainly looked well fed. He was wary of me as I took out the garbage. I interrupted him as he made his way across our property to the neighbor's.

I called out to him and began trying to make friends when it hit me: I can't. I don't have time tomorrow to take him to the vet or the animal shelter to see if he's chipped. I leave for the airport at 7:00 AM.

I want to believe he's not lost and on his way to his own yard and home. Maybe he'll be safe soon enough.

I hope so.

As much as I want to, I can't save them all.

Photo by Jack Blueberry on Unsplash 

1 comment:

  1. He'll be ok. And if he's still hanging around when you return, you can check him out then, if you can get him to come to you. I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.