1. Working on anything exciting lately? I don't know how exciting this is, but I'm slowly divesting myself of all the stuff in this condo. Next up: sorting through the bath towels toward a donation to the local animal shelter.
2. What was the highlight of the day today? I'm doing this Saturday night. I've spent most of today fixating on next month's TCM Classic Film Festival. Four days of classic movies on the big screen, surrounded by fellow film nerds! Bliss!
The official schedule just dropped Friday and we've been planning our strategies. At any given time we have up to five movies to choose from. These movies are on different screens in three different locations. If I choose the one at the TCL Chinese, when it's over will I have time to get the special screening poolside at the Roosevelt Hotel? Do I want to finally see a movie I've loved my whole life on the big screen, or discover a gem from the 1930s I've only read about? Would I rather compromise on my choices to share the festival experience with members of my movie group or go off on my own? It's as delightful as it is impossible. Here's a photo of us working out the logistics.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Fart around on the internet and watch movies. Starting next week that answer will change to, "Fart around on the internet and watch the Cubs."
4. What are your favorite restaurants? The nearby sports bar that serves the best New England clam chowder. They have great tater tots, too.
5. Do you follow any sports? If you have to ask, you don't read this blog often. I kinda like baseball.
6. What is your biggest fear? I am terrified every time I fly.
7. What is your biggest regret? As someone once said, "Regrets? I've had a few, but then again too few to mention." I wish I could remember who that wise man was.
8. When you were growing up, what was your dream job? I wanted to be a singer. That was before I learned I was tone deaf.
9. Do you say ‘sherbet’ or ‘sherbert?' While I spell it right I pronounce it wrong, which means I add that second "r."
10. Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Nope.
11. What is your favorite food at a cocktail party? Bacon-wrapped dates. They're delicious, but I only ever see them at parties.
12. Who is a book character most like you? Do you know the Andy Carpenter mysteries? I think I'm like Laurie, Andy's work partner and wife. She's much better at derring-do than I ever could be, but we both think Andy is terrific. Some of her retorts when they bicker sound like things I'd say, too.
13. Do you read reviews before you go to movies? Yes.
14. How do you feel about cilantro? I feel that it tastes like soap.
15. Have you ever cried in public? Yes, but I can probably count the times on one hand.
That TCM Classic Movie Festival sounds like so much fun. My hubby and I are considering attending when I retire. I'm with you - flying is not fun at all for me. I fly much better than I used though, but I really DON'T like the entire process of going somewhere on a plane. We are getting rid of stuff here too, but then one of our favorite used bookstores had a buy one get one sale today and so now the number of books we own has ticked up again. Sigh. I always enjoy your answers to these questions. You say things well, but then you are a writer. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!ReplyDelete
I am laughing at #8, only because it's the same for me. I love to sing, problem is I can't. Have a great day!ReplyDelete
Every year when you talk about the TCM film festival, I get jealous. This year it's even worse, knowing more about the possibilities!ReplyDelete
You like baseball??? Nooo! Who'd have thunk it? ;-)ReplyDelete
Isn't the planning and anticipation leading up to an event like the film festival just as delicious as the actual event?!
I had no idea you liked baseball! LOL. Of course you like baseball and because of you I know more about the Cubs and that Anthony fellow. The festival sounds wonderful; I know you have enjoyed it in past years and I hope this one is super special for you.ReplyDelete