Saturday, March 11, 2023

Sunday Stealing

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY PENPALS


1. Do you make new friends easily? Yes. I'm lucky that way.
 
2. Which podcasts do you like at the moment? The Book of Joe is my favorite baseball podcast. I'd rather have Joe Maddon's voice in my head than just about anyone else's. TCM's The Plot Thickens is my favorite entertainment podcast. I'm waiting for the next season to start.

3. One thing that immediately makes your day better. My cats.
 
4. What app do you use most? Weatherbug.
 
5. The friends who would have your back no matter what. I think of the two I've known the longest. John (1981) and my oldest friend (1964).
 
6. What is something you’ll never do again? Drink wine. Since menopause, it gives me the most bitching migraines.
 
7. Something you practice often. Bad judgement.
 
8. What gives you an adrenaline rush? Baseball sounds: The crack of the bat, the ball landing in the mitt.
 
9. How well do you do in social situations? Depends. I was always more comfortable professionally than personally, but I'm no longer in that setting.
 
10. Are you a light sleeper or a deep sleeper? I'm a fitful sleeper.
 
11. Do you get stage fright? No.
 
12. Which family members are you closest to? My nephew is one of my favorite people in the world.
 
13. How was your February? Rather tumultuous. I had some additional and unexpected dental problems.

14. What is your favorite candle scent? I don't have one.
 
15. One book that you would recommend as a "must read?' The Princess Bride. Even if you've seen the movie, check out the book. It has tremendous heart and wisdom, as well as the funny stuff you've seen on the screen.
 

 

3 comments:

  1. What do you think of the clock in MLB for pitchers and batters? In spring training, it's cut down the game length by about 20%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree that The Princess Bride is a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read The Princess Bride. I shall have to remedy that ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.