Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #270

Thirteen items for a back-to-school shopping list. It's been a long, long time since I was a student. But that doesn't stop me from noticing that the back-to-school aisles at Target and Walgreen's are starting to buzz. So here are the things parents are shopping for:

1. Backpacks

2. Face masks. (Yes, still. Want to be prepared if/when that next variant hits.)

3. Folders

4. #2 Pencils

5. Colored pencils

6. Blue or black ballpoint pens

7. Crayons

8. Glue or glue stick

9. Highlighters

10. Markers

11. Spiral or composition books

12. Calculator (yes, there's an app for that, but teachers aren't always crazy about kids having phones in-hand during class)

13. Scissors

Every year, my mom sent me to the first day of school with  a new protractor. To this day I'm not sure what it was for, but I used it as a straight edge for art class. Therefore I'm not surprised to see protractor is not on the list, but I did expect to see "ruler."

Did this list take you back? What do you remember buying for back-to-school?


Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.


3 comments:

  1. It's been a few years since I've asked my students to get supplies, I find it's less hassle for me to supply them. Everyone has colored pencils, pencils and pens (both black and blue), and a folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love to buy packs of gel pens (in a variety of colors) and composition notebooks, which I use as journals. I usually get some new highlighters as well, because when I read nonfiction, I highlight. As for the students in my class, all they really need is their Chromebook. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love back to school supplies. They're my favorite things to buy.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.