Thursday, July 28, 2022

HBD to My Queen

93 years ago today, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis was born in Southampton, NY. Here's a photo of her from her awkward teen years. I'm not kidding. At this stage in her life, she complained to friends about her wide-set eyes and unruly mane. She lamented to her stepbrother that her lips were too full and no man would want to kiss her. Obviously that wasn't true.

This photo got me thinking:

 •  Is any woman ever happy with her looks? I recently came across a photo of myself at about 30 and looking back, I see I was adorable. But at the time I thought my face was too round. I used to joke that I was just two sets of fat cheeks. I now wish I hadn't been so critical, and that I enjoyed my looks.

•  What's up with the plush dog?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.