Saturday, March 26, 2022

Sunday Salon


 

It's Oscar Day, so let's talk movies! This is my Super Bowl. Here's how I'm celebrating:

•  Naturally, I'm going to the movies. The Music Box Theater here in Chicago put together a special program honoring Academy Award winning actress Cher. My friend Elaine and I are going to see a matinee of Mask, which is my favorite Cher performance. She plays the ferocious mother of a special needs son.

•  I'm reading about an Oscar-honored movie, All About All About Eve. All About Eve is one of my go-to movies. I love the dialog, the dresses, the performances, so this up-close-and-personal accounting of how it was made fascinates me.

•  Of course I'll have the awards show on tonight. I've seen 8 of the 10 Best Actor/Best Actress performances. Here's my prediction. Best Actress: Jessica Chastain; Best Actor: Will Smith. Though if I were voting, I may have cast my ballot for Andrew Garfield in Tick ... Tick ... Boom! Will Smith was very good as Venus and Serena's dad, and it's been fun to watch him grow up before my eyes, going from the Fresh Prince to a serious actor. But I could not take my eyes off Andrew Garfield in Tick ... Tick ... Boom! (It's on Netflix.)

Check out other Sunday Salon participants here.


4 comments:

  1. We have Movie Night with my sister and her husband every Sunday. Tonight's my night to pick. Since my sister and I are leaving for Paris this week, I'd planned to find a movie set in France or a French movie. You've inspired me to try to find an Oscar-winning movie that's set in France or is French. Let's see what I can find.

    Enjoy the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:46 AM

    I haven't been to the movie theaters in about 3 years. I do remember seeing Mask years ago and the teen who played the son was awesome in it too. Though I don't know much about the films this year, Will Smith and Jessica Chastain are two awesome performers. Enjoy your show tonight and your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy the awards! I've never actually seen an award show. I don't watch many movies, so I probably wouldn't know what was going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only watched bits and pieces of the Oscars over the years. Might be a good change this year.

    I have Tick Tick Boom on my watch list.

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.