Sunday, February 27, 2022

Thanks, Bev

Click here to learn more
Blogger Bev Sykes turned me on to Letters Against Isolation. This group comforts lonely seniors by seeing to it that they get handwritten correspondence. Writing is what I do. I can't sing or dance, but I can write.

So far I've sent two kitty notecards with details about my own cats, and two picture postcards featuring Lake Michigan, with a note about cold our Great Lake is these days. It's my hope that having handwritten mail featuring an engaging illustration will lift the mood of seniors. I like imagining them tacking my notecard or postcard on the wall.

It's an easy way to help others, and there's little in life that's better than that!

Now I'm off to the mailbox.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, so glad you followed through on Letters Against Isolation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you for thanking Bev and turning me on to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for telling us about this project! I have signed up to get involved. What a nice way to show kindness and compassion. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.