Tuesday, February 15, 2022

I should say "yes" more

Friday night, I went out with friends. Kathleen, her husband Martin and I went to a local steakhouse. It's
old school -- lots of dark paneling, autographed photos of long-retired sportscasters on the walls -- but none of us had been there before. And the entree includes soup, salad and potato, nothing ala carte. I had prime rib with salad, French onion soup and baked potato. A LOT of food, and all delicious!

Even better, we had lots of lively conversation. I haven't spent time with them since September! It was wonderful to catch up.

This coming weekend, I have plans with John and Vanessa. I am looking forward to it. I haven't seen John in three months and Vanessa? I don't even remember the last time I saw her.

I used to find that "alone time" rejuvenates me. Now, after covid and the isolation that came with the pandemic, I've come to appreciate how being social nourishes me, as well. When people invite me out, I should say yes. I should initiate social contact more. It's time to start emerging from the covid cocoon.



2 comments:

  1. We are doing the same thing here. Setting up lunch dates with friends - going to get the book club going in person again. We all need to "get back out there." Let's hope that we are over with the worst of Covid. Glad you had a good time with your friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delightful outing. After going to the concert last weekend (including a hotel stay), I feel like I can baby step back out.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.