Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #243

 Thirteen Amazon top sellers. I feel I'm always waiting for a package from Amazon. So are millions of other Americans. Here's what we're buying, as indicated by the best-seller* in major categories.

1.  Beauty and Personal Care: Mighty Patch. These are the top-selling hydrocolloid pimple patches. I use/love patches and I get them from Amazon, but not this brand.

2. Shoes. Crocs Classic Clog. I feel vindicated. I still wear my old-school, original Crocs to do laundry, get the mail and take out the trash. Sometimes I sense judgement. I don't care. I'm my own girl.

3. Women's Clothing. Amazon Essentials Cotton Bikini Brief Underwear/Multipack. I'm a Hanes white cotton brief girl myself.

4. Men's Clothing. Carhartt Men's Knit Cuffed Beanie. Men don't worry so much about hat hair, do they?

5. Household Cleaning. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. I like a good wipe. I have these in my kitchen and near the cats' litter boxes (but I didn't order through Amazon).

6. Home and Kitchen. AquaOasis Cool Mist Humidifier. It's that time of year! I've got humidifiers running in the bedroom overnight and the living room/dining room all day.

7. Appliances. Silonn Countertop Ice Maker. This one I don't get. It takes 7 minutes to make 9 ice cubes. OK. I guess if I were having a big party -- which I never will -- maybe I'd need a lot of ice cubes. But I'd also need my counter space. I'd just start the day before, making ice cubes the old-fashioned way in my ice cube trays and collect them.

8. Laptops. HP 15". It's cute and surprisingly affordable, but I'm a Mac girl.

9. Office Supplies. Amazon Basics File Folders/Assorted Colors. I never think of Amazon for office supplies. I just buy what I need at the drug store, and if it's not there I tool around on staples.com.

10. Cell Phones. Google Pixel 6/5G/Android. It looks like a lovely phone, but I'm not tech savvy enough to buy a phone from Amazon. I need my Consumer Cellular customer service!

11. Television. TCL 32" Roku Smart TV. I can't get over how affordable TVs are! This is (as I write) $168.

12. Video Games. $10 PlayStation Gift Card. Ha! So I'm not the only one who has no idea what to buy a gamer.

13. Pet Supplies. Earth Rated Dog Poop Bags. Makes sense, doesn't it?

 



Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

*List is updated hourly.


 

5 comments:

  1. Fun and interesting list. I'm a Mac girl too. I got the one I use is a 2015 model and I have replaced the battery once and it works like the day it was new. Rarely a problem. That's why I love Macs. I also like clogs and have a pair in my kitchen just waiting to slip on when I take the garbage out. So convenient. Hope you have a good day. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an iPhone but not a Mac computer. I could never afford one, and I've been on Windows since it began. I was surprised to see "masks" weren't on the list. But people aren't wearing them, which is why we have full hospitals, so I suppose I should not be surprised after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have guessed that I would use Amazon as much as I do. I like the ease at returning things as well as the shopping convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still working on the 3 giant packages of poop bags I bought at Costco like 5 years ago. At least they are compostable. I don't know what I was thinking buying that many when we only have one dog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely #6 for winter. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.