Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Compassion Challenge -- Day 9

 I'm encouraged to participate in this November challenge with my church congregation.

Inspiring Compassion: The 30 Day Compassion Challenge. 30 days to explore the topic of compassion: Mindfulness, Compassion for Friends & Family, Self-Compassion, Compassion for All, Compassion for Our Planet.

Today was our one day/week in the office. We had a team meeting with Justin, one of our new master muckety-mucks. I don't enjoy these "meet-and-greet" meetings, I don't imagine anyone really does.

Anyway, I went out of my way to walk over to the conference room and then sit with James, one of our newer team members. Yes, he's about 40 years old, but he's still new and it must be awkward, no matter how old you are, not to have someone to sit beside and whisper to during these get-togethers. It's really the same as not having anyone to sit with in the school cafeteria, isn't it?

I don't know that I would have thought of changing my same-old routine and sitting with James if it hadn't been for the challenge. Isn't that sad? I really have to get over myself and get out of my own head a little more.

I think this one goes under, "Mindfulness."

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.