Tuesday, August 10, 2021

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 9

Today's happiness -- Small business service. My cat Reynaldo requires prescription thyroid medicine twice/day. This cream comes in pre-measured doses in a syringe. My nearby pharmacies -- Target, CVS and Walgreens -- don't handle it, so I have to get it from the little mom'n'pop way on the other side of town.

I used to spend $35-$40/month on Ubers to get there. I wasn't happy about this, but it's Reynaldo. Plus, the staff is so charming, thorough and kind that I was happy to give them my business.

Well, when I went to leave them a glowing YELP review, I learned they offer free delivery. Yes, in addition to being charming, thorough and kind, they are super accommodating! Even on a rainy Monday afternoon, they brought me Rey's meds, free of charge.

THIS JUST IN! Going through the bag, I found that the pharmacist included a little gray toy mouse for Rey. How sweet is that!

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow - free delivery! That will be so helpful to you. Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is THAT! All we've got around here are the big chains, which, while handy, don't offer that kind of customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word--that is too cute! We still have a few local businesses that offer great service, I never thought of plugging on Yelp, I'll have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty great! Free delivery! That will make your life much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice they included a toy and free delivery! I am sure this will make is nicer for you and let you spend more time with Reynaldo.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.