Sunday, August 08, 2021

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 8

Today's happiness -- I Love Lucy. I'm feeling weird today. It's hot and sticky outside, I have work to do this weekend that I haven't yet touched (and it's 5:00 PM). I can't bring myself to watch baseball (see post below). If it wasn't for taking out the garbage, I wouldn't have gotten dressed at all. It's Esther Williams Day on TCM, and really, her movies just bore me to tears.

Thank goodness for The Decades Channel. In honor of Lucille Ball's 110th birthday, this weekend they're showing nothing but Lucy. The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show ... yeah, whatever. Might as well watch Esther Williams. But I love I Love Lucy. It makes me feel good about holing up in my bedroom under the air conditioner.

Happy heavenly birthday, Lucille Ball. And kudos to Desi, too.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoyed I Love Lucy, too. My husband doesn't like it, though he never says why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Lucy too - but don't even know where she is on now around here. We used to live not far from Desi's post-divorce farm in Norco, California. Have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.