Friday, August 27, 2021

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 26

 Today's happiness -- Mrs. Always Right. I had a pedi today and that's the color I chose: Essie's Mrs. Always Right. I've been squarely in the red lane for a long, long time and intend to stay there (I prefer reds to blues or greens with my open-toed shoes) but I've been too red for too long. Why, I've been with Revlon's Cherries in the Snow for a year now! It was time for a change and I've switched to a dusty rose.

Also had a new nail tech. I miss Jenna. She was very funny and we had so many common interests (the Royals, Chicago sports, I Love Lucy), which amused me because we are are such different women. Jenna is literally half my age, black and a mom, but we followed the same things in pop culture. I was looking forward to asking her if she believes Bennifer.2 is legit, but alas, she has quit the salon to do in-home manicures, which is something I'm not interested in.

The new tech, Faith, was not as entertaining but she was just as proficient and gentle as Jenna. I love the nail experience, especially the whirlpool.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



1 comment:

  1. This makes me happy. I love a fresh mani/pedi! The Essie color is pretty--lush.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.