Friday, January 01, 2021

Welcome, 2021!

OK, so 2020 wasn't a good year. But it ended on a high note.

Food, glorious food! I went to Boston Market and picked up my celebratory meal: roasted turkey with dressing and steamed vegetables. I've been eating a bland diet for so long that it was like ambrosia. Since the stuffing contains onions, carrots and mushrooms, I saved the vegetables for my New Year's Day lunch. I don't want to overdo and disturb my gut. So far this week, I've already added berries without incident. I hope to have a healthy, well-rounded diet soon. (Oh yeah, and anyone who tells you that the corona virus is "just the flu" is a complete ass. I've now been living like this for a full month. And I'm one of the lucky ones! Stay home, comply with lockdown regulations, and value your life more than your livelihood.)

Carla. She and I have worked at the same company for more than 5 years and ran into one another at all-agency meetings. I liked her well enough because she always laughed at my jokes, but to be honest, I never gave her much thought. Anyway, because of the spring lay-offs, we ended up working on the same team and because of work from home, we discovered we live in the same neighborhood. When she learned I had covid, she offered to do my shopping for me. I didn't take her up on it, but I appreciated the gesture. And on Thursday, I was touched that she included me in her family tradition by bringing me some of the homemade tamales and salsa they have every New Year's Eve. I can't eat it, of course (see above), but that's not the point. She was enormously thoughtful and I appreciate it.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to eat some Boston Market! I love that place! Your friend Carla sounds really special. I am glad you found one another. Happy New Year!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a healthy and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.