Sunday, August 23, 2020

It's gotta be bad if he admits it

Checked in with my nephew this afternoon. He just woke up in his college dorm room for the first time since the world's longest spring break.

He described the beginning of his junior year as "weird." He looks forward to seeing and spending time with his professors, who just weren't as accessible as he would have liked with online learning, but he also came right out and said, "It's scary."

Here's hoping it all goes smoothly and that he at least gets to stay until Christmas. (Though I will see him in October when we all get together for his sister's wedding.)



2 comments:

  1. His generation is going to have to save the world we've screwed up. I hope they're up to it, bless his heart. I wish him well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he's nervous and scared. But I do hope his professors are more engaged. I'll tell ya, online teaching is horrible if you're not used to it. Especially crisis online learning.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.