Sunday, April 19, 2020

Liberate? Please!

So now staying in the comfort of our own homes to protect our neighbors and ourselves is too much for some conservatives. (Gee, I thought we liberals were the delicate "snowflakes.") The fact that the President of the United States is stoking this on Twitter would be appalling, if he hadn't so numbed me with his mishandling of this crisis from the get-go.

It would be nice if, instead of pandering to his base, the President spent his time protecting all of us, as he took an oath to do. Mayor Lightfoot speaks for me:

A friend of mine is married to a nurse and they have two preschool-aged daughters. This crisis is very personal to him.  He posted this card on Facebook and I agree. Everyone who shouts, "Liberate my state!" should be proud to print this card and carry it at all time.



Colin Kaepernick endangered no one by taking a knee during the National Anthem to protest unfair policing. Yet he is pilloried by many of the same people who will needlessly put their own local police at risk with crowd control for their protests.

Consistency, thou art a jewel.


1 comment:

  1. But Trump knows more, believe me, about Covid-19 than anyone. ;)



    And yes, it was painful to type that even in jest.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.