Saturday, February 08, 2020

I suppose this was "locker room talk," too

George Romney's son honored his father by acting on their shared faith, by discussing how seriously one must take an oath before God.

This is how Donald Trump's son followed his lead. The Trump men do love the word "pussy," don't they?


I'm offended as a Christian and a woman. There are uber "Christian" women in the blogosphere who complained about the knit "pussy hats" worn in Woman's March after Trump's election. They railed against the vulgarity of these women when discussing our President. I'm sure these same women are offended by DJT Jr.

No, I'm not. I'm sure they excuse it.

They somehow insisted that Trump is "prayerful" and his family can do no wrong.

Then there's this display of our "prayerful" President at the National Prayer Breakfast. The keynote speaker, a Harvard theologian, encouraged those assembled to "love your enemies." You know, like Christ tells us in the Book of Matthew.

Our "prayerful" President Donald J. Trump opened his remarks by saying, "I don't know if I agree with you."

How's that for Christian values? (What do you bet he's never opened his Bible?)

Young people are turning away from organized religion. The hypocrisy of Boomers and Xers is where I place the blame. How can they look at this sort of thing and see anything but bullshit?



4 comments:

  1. I'm beyond words. My heart hurts at the Trumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way.
    He is so self-centered, can it never for once not be about "me?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way about the speech at the prayer breakfast.
    He is so self-centered, can it never for once not be about "me?"
    As for Mitt Romey, he is one of the few Republicans that I would vote for. McCain is the other one, except when he ran with Sarah Palin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was appalled at the prayer breakfast speech. There are no words to even articulate the vileness. I didn't know about this awful video. I feel like I'm trapped in some sort of universal middle school mentality attended by so-called adults.

    Where is the example of decency for our children? They are watching.
    Romney has my mad respect.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.