Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday Stealing


1. when did you last sing to yourself? Well, I sang to my cat. Does that count? Her name is Connie. When I was putting her dish down, I sang, "Connie, how I love you, how I love you, my dear old Connie ..." She purred. No music critic she.

2. if a crystal ball could tell you the truth about anything, what would you want to know?
What will my life look like one year from today? Will I still have this job? Will I be living in this condo?

3. what is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I have built a pretty good career, even without much formal education.


4. what is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?
Meeting Connie at the animal shelter. She had been rescued from a hoarder situation. Her gums were a mushy mess. She had an eye infection. And yet, she was still so affectionate and trusting! Her spirit touched and inspired me. Here she is with my nephew, while I was filling out the paperwork to bring her home. It's been my pleasure to give her a good life.




5. if you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?
I would make sure that I didn't leave things unorganized or unsaid. I saw a lot (and hopefully learned a lot) from my mother's passing and the aftermath.

6. do you feel you had a happy childhood?
No.

7. would you ever have a deep conversation with a stranger and open up to them?
I remember having a serious conversation about the death penalty with a woman I'd just met at a party. Her husband -- a coworker of mine -- laughed that he wasn't surprised, since neither she nor I have any talent for small talk.

8. what would you title the autobiography of your life so far?
The Thing of It Is. I say it an awful lot.

9. how do you feel about tattoos and piercings? explain.
I don't want any more piercings or any tattoos at all, but that's me. Your body is your business.

10. do you wear a lot of makeup? why/why not?
I wear less with each passing year. I think it ages me. Now I only wear tinted moisturizer, shadow and mascara. No more lipstick, blush or eyeliner for this old gal.

11.The world is listening. pick one sentence you would tell them.
Donald Trump is not representative of America.

12. who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say?
A man I was once involved with, and who I still love in my way. After we split, he had some career problems and then a special needs child and a divorce.
I'd like to hear, after all that, that he's OK. 
 
13. do you have a desk/workspace and how is it organised/not organised?
I'm a slob. And yet, at work, I can always find everything. (At home is another matter.)

14. what’s your starbucks order, and who would you trust to order for you, if anyone?
Hot chocolate, no whipped cream. And then, a dash of cinnamon on the way out. And no, I wouldn't trust anyone to order for me.

15. what is the most important thing to you in your life right now?
I'm obsessed with my home. Will I have to prepare it for sale? Or will I stay here forever?


 

7 comments:

  1. Yay for the cat.
    #11 Here's a <3 heart emoji of my support.
    It's hard not knowing if you're going to stay in a spot or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you are an angel for saving Connie and singing to her...that is precious! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting a craving for hot chocolate! (But with whipped cream)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot chocolate. Yay. I am sorry about your lost love. That is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one who takes known songs and sticks their pet's name in it and sings it to them.
    Awww....good for you and Connie. I had hoped to come home to a new doggie today. I met Hunter at the shelter on Thursday when I took my daughter to adopt her cat. He was the sweetest little Beagle I've ever met...hardly bigger than my toy Poodle and fully grown. It was love for both of us, but I've had to work ever since and couldn't get back. My husband went today to try and get him for me, but he'd been adopted last night. I feel good about it, though. My hubs met the family as they came to pick Hunter up while he was there and it was a couple with a young son with Downs Syndrome. He said they were nice and the boy and Hunter adored each other. I'm disappointed, but Hunter got a wonderful home and he will be good for the boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great story, Stacy! I suspect Hunter is where he's needed the most.

      Delete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.