Sunday, October 07, 2018

Over a basket of buttermilk onion rings

I don't like onion rings. But I do like Nancy. So I was happy to join her for a basket in my old hometown, after my hair cut.

We talked about the new Supreme Court Justice, Brett Kavanaugh. Then I told her how much I like her husband, who I spent time with for the first time back in August. Then we got down to the nitty gritty ... family.

Nancy's adult son has addiction issues. He is currently in a treatment center down south. She talked about the impact this has had on her, her daughter, her sister and her mother.

Ah, sisters and mothers! There's the rub.

We talked about therapy, about forgiveness, boundaries and love. Nancy and I have more in common than we knew. I hope I made her feel better, and less alone.

And while I'm still not in love with onion rings, I enjoyed the craft ginger beer immensely!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great get-together. I love onion rings.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.