Sunday, August 19, 2018

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 19

Today's happiness: Abe. He's iconic. He's patriotic. And, unless you have some kinda creepy Confederate fetish thing going, you simply gotta love him.

My nephew certainly does. When he was a little boy, we talked Lincoln all the time. His first train ride was with me when we went down to Springfield to see the Lincoln sites.

That's why I was so happy to find this greeting card. It's a cutout of Mr. Lincoln himself with a sheet of stickers. I put "GOOD LUCK" on the inside, along with a $20 giftcard to Burger King (the anchor of the student union). I put Abe's stovepipe chapeau and "NICE HAT" on the back of the envelope.

It will make my nephew happy to get mail. It will make him happy to be able to eat free burgers. It will make him happy, during this first week in the new away-at-college chapter of his life, to get something from home.

And that all makes me happy.


via GIPHY

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.