Thursday, July 12, 2018

Extra Innings!

My nephew and I spent a wonderful Sunday within The Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field. The weather was fine. Sunny and 85ยบ (and it's always "cooler near the Lake," as we Chicagoans know so well). The company was, as always, fabulous. My nephew is not only a knowledgeable Cub fan, he's a genuinely good guy and an interesting young man.


The Cubs have had trouble with Reds all season -- "I fucking hate the Reds," my nephew kept muttering -- but I'm happy to report that the right team prevailed. It wasn't a pretty game, but it was a thrilling one. It was lovely to stand there, singing "Go, Cubs, Go" after the 10th. And extra innings meant more time with my nephew, which was important to me as he prepares to go off to college in little more than a month.




1 comment:

  1. I love your relationship with your nephew. It's like mine with my younger nieces. I can't believe he's off to college so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.