Sunday, February 04, 2018

I have to admit it's getting better

I've been getting my mammogram at the same hospital for more than a decade. I like the consistency of having the same facility take, warehouse and analyze my films. This location is a neighborhood satellite of one of Chicago's most established hospitals. One of the benefits of living  in a world-class city is world-class hospitals.

Last year, the service, specifically the woman in admissions for the mammography department, was off-the-chart rude. It left me even more tense and uncomfortable for my cancer screening, a situation that's inherently nerve wracking. I was not looking forward to returning this year. I realize that the skill of the technician and quality of the radiologist who reviews this year's mammograms and compares it to last year's are way more important than the attitude of the woman behind the counter, so it would be childish to change facilities.

I'm happy to report that the staff has changed and yesterday I experienced nothing by professionalism. I left a love note in the comments box.

Now all I have to do is wait for the results. I have no reason to expect bad news, but, as Tom Petty used to say, "The waiting is the hardest part."



1 comment:

  1. Our local mammography unit has upgraded to 3D technology and I'm still waiting for my appointment. They traditionally make an unpleasant appointment rather tolerable.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.