Friday, December 15, 2017

$500 will do it


Today was the first day of my vacation. I paid bills, treated myself to a deep dish pizza lunch, went to the bank, and took a long nap. I know it sounds lazy and boring. It was. Yet I am happy.

Because an extra $500 was direct deposited into my checking account. A holiday bonus! I'd heard rumors that it was on the way, but if you read this blog regularly you know I hear many work-related rumors. Happy that this one turned out to be true.

I'm now out of the office all the way until January 2. That's more than two weeks. That should give me time to decompress and re-evaluate. I anticipate coming out of this vacation feeling stronger and more confident than I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.