Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August Happiness Challenge: Day 15

Rizz loves it when we're a team
On Day 15, I'm happy for partnership.  Today was not a good day. The national news has depressed me literally beyond words. My friend Barb's husband was readmitted to the hospital again, after barely a week at home. I thought I'd find comfort tonight by watching the Cubs vanquish the Cincinnati Reds. Apparently the Reds weren't aware of this plan. 

So as I get ready for bed, I struggle to think of something that made me happy today.

Then I remembered my 2:00 meeting. 

The art director I'm usually paired with is on vacation. She's technically very good and detail oriented, but she doesn't bring much imagination to the table. So today, I got to start working with her back up. Drew. He's extravagantly talented. He's also something of a diva, so I was a little apprehensive.

I needn't have been. After the kick-off meeting, I explained that I knew what I wanted this piece to say and do -- I just wasn't sure how to make my words fit the format. 

"Write it," he told me. "The content will force the format."

He was so casual, so confident. 

I don't have to worry how my story will unfold on the page. I have a creative partner who will run that side of the fence. 

An equal creative partner. Hell, maybe even an extra-equal creative partner. That makes me happy!
If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the Happy Cub. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.