Saturday, February 25, 2017

She had milk

I got an unexpected text from Kathy today. She was in town from the faraway suburb where she lives with her daughter and family and wondered if I was free for dinner.

It was nice to do something impromptu like this. I don't know why I don't just do things spontaneously anymore, or when I became so regimented. And we had a nice two hour visit. Too much time together and I tend to want to jump out of my skin. But two hours was fine.

The meal was wonderful, too. Spaghetti pie! Warm and gooey and good for the soul. We both had the clam chowder appetizer. I had a cosmo and she had a glass a milk.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about spontaneous outings.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.