Wednesday, August 03, 2016

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 2

Look at my happy kitty
Today's little jolt of joy came courtesy of my own cats. Dinnertime went smoothly!

I've done my share of complaining on this blog about my little beige demon, but Reynaldo has always been a prince at mealtime. Because of his sensitive kidneys he's on a special, high-protein diet. So he gets the same prescription food every day, and every day he snarfs it down with enthusiasm and without complaint.

Connie, on the other hand, is usually my problem child. She prefers kibble but must have a dollop of canned food with each meal because I've got to dissolve a supplement in the moisture. And she is so freaking picky about the  canned food! At first we tried gourmet foods, but after the first day/first meal, she sniffed at it. For a long time, she snarfed down Gerber Baby Meats (for human babies) but suddenly she decided she was bored with it.

Lately we've had ongoing success by mixing human baby food with kitten food. It's such a delight to watch her first poke around the dish with her nose and dive in.

I was a little apprehensive posting about this. For the fresh, homegrown cucumber I referenced yesterday played havoc with my gut. I hope spotlighting kitty cuisine doesn't jinx breakfast!

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the happy cat. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your cucumber gave you tummy troubles.

    What is wrong with Reynaldo's kidneys? I'm glad he's a good eater. We have a picky eater, too, but she is one of our human children. She went on a food jag at age two and it never ended. She's 25 now. :)

    Have a blessed, happy day!

    Here is the link to my Day 2 post:
    http://ps-annie.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-happiness-challenge-day-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck keeping the kitties well fed and happy. Here is my link for today.

    http://random-thoughts-observations.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-happiness-challenge-02-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the cuke bothered your tummy. I was so hoping those troubles were behind you. (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.